Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Photos: Top 8 Nollywood Female Celebrities Who May Stay Single

 
The majority of Nigerian young ladies are dreaming about their wedding. But a few Nollywood celebs are not excited about this idea at all. So these Nollywood beauties expressed their wedding-phobia...SEE Them below

 1. Elvina Ibru
Famous daughter of Olorogun Michael Ibru is afraid of marriage. She once told it during an interview with Paul Ukpabio:
“I have never wanted to be married. And I do not want to marry presently, and I don’t want to ever get married. But like they say, never say never! I have never ever had the vision of getting married. I have never ever seen myself ever getting married. Even with Elisha who was a planned child, there was no marriage plan. Though his dad wanted marriage, I told him, I love you. I will have your child, you could even be the father of my children, but I am not marrying. I allowed him to understand that it wasn’t that I was against him, but I just didn’t want to marry.”
2. Funmi Iyanda
This girl is probably Nigeria’s most famous media personality. In her interview on Sahara TV she revealed that her dreams differ from the ones of most girls and women around the world:
“I’ve never had a wedding day-dream in my life. While millions of girls and women have already imagined their own elaborate wedding day ceremonies, schemed and sketched designs for a one-of-a-kind wedding gown 

 3. Yeni Kuti
This prominent Nollywood star said that she is single because she can’t belive in marriage anymore. And that she doesn’t like Nigerian men.
“I am still single because I have lost all interest in marriage and I don’t believe in the institution any more. Nigerian men are too controlling and overbearing for me and I am already set in my ways. Besides, I have been on my own for too long. My major concern is training my daughter.”

 4. Tina Mba
The queen of Nollywood soap operas thinks that marriage is a burden.
“Marriage is an institution I respect a lot because it was established by God and because I take it very seriously I have refused to marry. Marriage is a serious business but nowadays I think many people marry for the wrong reasons. That is why you see a lot of divorce cases, which was never there before. I have come to realize that people are beginning to find themselves. Therefore, they know that they shouldn’t be in certain relationships or even marriage. So, they want to get out of the marriage because they want to be happy,” she stated in an interview to the Daily Sun.

 5. Gloria Doyle
Gloria Doyle was a singer. Now she is an evangelist. The lady has 3 grown up children. She separated from her husband nearly 20 years ago. She said to The Punch:
“Members of my parish, even my spiritual fathers, have been asking me to get married, but I have a phobia for marriage. My husband and I have been separated for 17 years. I would say that we are temporarily separated because of some issues. I really don’t want to talk about them. You will see them in the movie.If you have been married before and you really didn’t enjoy it, you won’t want to get into it again. I have this phobia for marriage. I suffered ethnic discrimination in my first marriage. It was the first thing that rocked my marriage. When the man is the breadwinner in his family, there is always a problem. I still talk to my husband on the phone, though.” 

 6. Ebube Nwagbo
Gorgeous and curvy actress Ebube also mentioned her phobia about marriage.
“Yes I am still single. The reason is that I am someone who has always believed in love. It is a big deal to me so if I have to do it, it has to be right.I am a strong believer of love. I get lots of proposals; it is so crazy I do not know who to give a chance to. I think it is a price I have to pay for stardom. Sometimes when

anybody comes my way, I do not know who wants to be with me for the right reasons. I believe when that day comes, I will definitely figure out who that person is. It is not easy. What I should be talking about is not relationship but marriage. I want to go into marriage and be in it for ever. No one goes into marriage thinking of divorce, but it happens. We try our best. I think I am kind of scared, but I just have to give it a try whether I like it or not. It just has to happen and happen right; at the right time.”
                              
7. Bimbo Akintola
Bimbo Akintola is not interested in getting marriage even in her forties. Talented Nollywood actress confessed some of her thoughts to Vanguard:
“I am stating clearly now that I am not bothered about my marital status. If I had wanted to marry fifteen years ago, I would have done that. In the area of raising children, I have several children under my care though they are not my biological children. They are the children I am helping. Some of them are married with children so, I am a grandmother now. I know marriage is a bigger task. You cannot compare it to the boyfriend stuff where you can pack your things and go if you are provoked In marriage, you are going nowhere. It is for better, for worse. I strongly disagree with this idea of an ideal man. There is nothing like that. As far as you’re given attention by the man, the age is insignificant. There is no particular man who is ideal. Choose the things you like about the man and you work from there. Before you know it, things will start working good from there. In marriage, you will continue to have problems until you understand yourselves well. And it takes a lot of time for both parties to understand themselves. So, if you are looking for a perfect man, you will die old ,wretched and wrinkled.

 8. Genevieve Nnaji

One of the most famous and controversial actresses of Nollywood Genevieve Nnaji has also stated that she is afraid of divorce:
“If I get married, I really want to stay married and staying married is not an easy thing. It means you are completely in tune with your partner. It means you have found your soul mate because you will have to be able to stand a lot of disappointments that would definitely come but then again you have to learn to forgive.”