Friday, June 27, 2014

I Was Strangled, Tied Up ─ Kidnapped Six-Year-Old Boy Recounts His Ordeal

the victim with the suspect
on Wednesday in Majidun area of Ikorodu, Lagos State after a six-year-old boy, Emmanuel Emeka was rescued from a kidnapper, the boy has recounted his experience. continue...


The 7-year-old Emmanuel and the suspect, Mama Ifunaya
Emmanuel Emeka, who said the suspect, identified as Mama Ifunaya was a neighbour, lured him into her room, strangled him, covered his mouth with clothes before tying him up with rope to prevent him from screaming.
He said: “I wanted to draw water and take my bath before going to school when she told me to come. I went because I know her; she is Mama Ifunnaya. But when I got to her side, she threw me inside her room… she closed her net. She then tied me and put me inside a box.
“I wanted to shout, but I could not shout properly. I heard my mummy’s voice when she was looking for me, but I could not shout. She (pointing to the suspect) is a wicked person.”
It was reported on June 25, that but for the intervention of the police. She was caught by residents of the area with the victim, tied with a rope in a bag which led her to confessing that she was sent by one pastor Ernest Nwankwo, the General Overseer of Holy Family Ministry a.k.a House of Mercy who turns out to be the owner of the kidnappers’ den.